Last year, my life had come full circle. After an emotionally exhausting 2016, the Universe and I were doing trust exercises. Like, if I fall backwards into the great unknown of 2017, would it stretch it’s arms out and catch me? As I came to learn, the land after the fall was always soft. And the Universe had my back, whether I knew it or not.
2017 was a beautiful year, filled with new relationships, exploration, manifestation, and opportunity. It was a testament of perseverance, love, hope and joy. Of course, it came with trials and messy days and so many moments of self-doubt. But I never let it stop me. So what does this year hold?
If 2017 was the year of reclaiming myself, 2018 is the year I learn to truly love myself.
After much self-reflection, I came to the conclusion, that loving myself is all about surrendering to that which I resist. It is about embracing my journey, my body, my mind, and ultimately, living in my power.
I’m excited to share in future posts what some of my intentions for the year are and how I am setting out to accomplish them, with the hopes to inspire you.
- Master self-discipline.
- Nourish my body with foods that enhance my overall health.
- Move my body every day, to reduce stress, release endorphins and create optimal health.
- Create a morning routine that sets each day up for success.
- Manage my time more productively.
- Meditate and listen to my intuition.
- Foster and grow relationships with other like-minded people.
- Continue to learn new skills (like video) and freshen old ones.
- Grow my business.
- Create abundance monetarily.
- Blog 2-3 times per week.
- Read more books.
- Create a beautiful home.
- Go on more road trips and document them meaningfully.
- Show up authentically.
- Travel to somewhere far away, like Thailand.
- Have a baby. (I know, this is a big one.) Or like get preggo! Let’s clarify. Haha.
2018 Word: RELAX. Yeah, I see myself relaxing on the beach somewhere underneath a palapa with a drink in my hand. But, I really want to relax into life. To let go of anxieties, assumptions, or insecurities that create barriers, and just learn to be happy with the current moment. When we’re not relaxed, we are tense, and when we are tense, we can’t be open to ideas, or beliefs, or situations, or our feelings. It’s not what happens to us in life, it’s how we react and overcome it.
2018 Mantra: CREATE MORE, CONSUME LESS.
I want to spend less time on social media, television, etc. and more time creating a physical life, with tangible ideas and things. I want to foster real, meaningful realtionships that enrich life. There’s no excuse to live on the sidelines.
OK, there you have it. My 2018 intentions, words, and mantra. I’ll be breaking some of these down into future posts! I’d love to know what some of your intentions are for 2018, or even your word or mantra. Leave a comment down below and let me know! And as always, sending you love and blessings of abundance for the year ahead. We got this!
***Photo by the extremely talented Jen Griffith of Griffith Imaging***