Tis the season to give thanks so I wanted to reflect back on this year and honor the highs and the lows. Here’s a list of things that I am thankful for:
1. The birth of my daughter Kaia. She is like golden hour. Everything glows differently with her here. She is my whole reason for being, my why. Everything I do, is for her and my family. She makes me dig inside myself to be a better person, to face my fears and to love harder, deeper and without condition, so that I can be a good example for her. Kaia is full of so much joy, innocence, wonder, excitement and beauty. Life is one million times better with her in it.
2. My husband, Will. He is my rock; my constant. He makes me laugh all the time. He loves me though everything. And in a crazy world, he is my home – my safe place. Will pushes me to be a better person. He is patient, kind, honest, and an amazing dad. I honestly don’t know what I would do without him. He is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
3. My family. Between having Kaia, to health issues (hello skin cancer!), to moving out and selling our condo – my family has been there to help us through it all. I know that I can always depend on them through thick and thin. They are true examples of kindness and unconditional love and we are so blessed.
4. My friends. I have made some great new friends this year, and have stayed in touch with old ones. I thrive off of friendships and I am always most happy when I get to connect with my females! Each and every one of my girlfriends truly enriches my life in so many ways.
5. My clients. I am so grateful to all of those who hire and entrust me to capture their brands, families and special moments! Some, year after year. I am so grateful to do what I do and connect with so many amazing, wonderful people!
6. My health and the health of my family members and friends. Truly, it’s the only thing that matters at the end of the day. Money, clothes, material things, status – it all means nothing without our health. I don’t want to take it for granted. I hope I can teach my daughter how to care for and love her one, beautiful, precious body.
7. Mom groups. Becoming a mom is hard! There is no boot camp for it, and no one tells you all of the things. Having support through organizations like Modern Milk and The Emerald has been truly wonderful.
8. Coffee + Wine. Let’s be honest, can you be a mom without these things? I’m kidding. Kinda. (Wink wink.)
9. Our new home??? Stay tuned!